My Rekord Buddy Version: v2.1.36
My OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Traktor Version: 220.127.116.11
rekordbox Version: 5.8.3
Steps required to reproduce the problem:
- Add tracks to Traktor collection and Analyse them.
- Key is set to Open Key Notation in Preferences.
- Open Rekord Buddy, drag playlist from Traktor to Playlist in Rekordbuddy, note that all tracks are in Open Key Notation.
- Open Rekordbox, open XML bridge
- Right click on the playlist from Traktor and Import the playlist to Rekordbox collection.
- Open the playlist in Rekordbox.
What I expected to happen:
The newly added playlist in Rekordbox should show all tracks with Open Key Notation, as they are in Traktor.
What actually happens instead:
Most of the tracks show Open Key Notation (1m, 2m, 3d) , but about 10% show Classic Key Notation (F, Gb, Am). The ones that show Classic Key Notation seem to appear in small groups next to each other.
Three tracks recently imported to Traktor do not show any key information in Rekordbox, but the key is present for each track in Traktor, also Open Key Notation.
After noticing this, I did change the Rekordbuddy Preference for Traktor to use the Key and not Key Text. But I have since performed the above steps, and Rekordbox is still showing some tracks in Open Key and others in Classic Key.
My workaround at this point is to write all tracks from Rekordbox that show Classic Key on a piece of paper, look them up in Traktor, and write the corresponding Open Key on the paper. This does not work very well when searching for tracks by key on a CDJ 2000NXS, however, and requires looking at the paper during searches.
Thanks much for your help.