The official 2.2beta thread (yes THAT one) 🎉 #windows #forreal

Not just that but Apple Silicon support too. Busy times :slight_smile:

1 Like

screams at the top of lungs!

Beta expired

:tada: A new build is available 2.2b28 :tada:

• :tada: Qt is now using version 5.15 across the board.
  • :tada: Added printing the reason for a receipt generation error if we are given one.
  • :tada: Added some more debug info for when SSL connections fails for some users.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed not testing correctly to make sure users are running Windows 10 (thanks @mpiotrekm).
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed potential issue when some metadata contained an empty string.

Please make note of this thread before trying out this new beta.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Spinning wheel when reading rekordbox XML

Hi Damien, any hints on how far away Engine support is?

1 Like

I have to spend some time on getting the code ready for open sourcing. Engine support is almost there but getting the code open source will delay it a but more. Sorry about that.

1 Like

The beta is now the free build. No expiration, no licenses. Check out the free build announcement for the links to the new builds.

Those will reset your Rekord Buddy database. I will offer a migration path for non-beta users but for previous beta users, you’ll have to reset the database. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

No worries :slight_smile: was just curious… its going to be a gamechanger for my workflow :slight_smile:

Hello friends! I am in a big panic mode tonight! I have a gig tomorrow and was looking for the latest Windows build and realize there isn’t any!! Our current version has expired and there is not other way I can get Rekordbuddy to work. My Gig is in less than 24 hours, I’m a Traktor user but need to update my Rekordbox usb stick!! Am I the only one in this situation? Can we force Rekordbuddy to work in this case?

https://forums.next.audio/t/for-immediate-release-ive-decided-to-make-rekord-buddy-free-and-open-source/2634/14

Thank you @rosgr100, I knew it was now open source but somehow didn’t connect the dots on the fact it would also move to another forum topic. Again thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Damien, I’m wondering if the beta links have gone down? They’re returning “IP address cannot be found.”

I’m about to start another thread about it, but I’m getting the ‘couldn’t connect to server’ and ‘authorization receipt is invalid’ prompts when trying to launch the software.