Saving Rekord Buddy Database crash

My Rekord Buddy Version: 2

My OS Version: 10.9.5

Steps required to reproduce the problem:

1. Traktor; added new playlist x 2, new tracks added
  2. Rekord Buddy; Sync

What I expected to happen: Everything updated and added so I can see in rekordbox

What actually happens instead: Rekord Buddy gets as far as stating “Saving Rekord Buddy Database” and freezes. I have to force quit. The playlists and tracks are added but non of the track markers/cues I’ve restarted both my mac and Rekord Buddy, no dice.

Hoping to use this tonight…

Can you give the 2.1beta a try? A lot of things got fixed there that couldn’t make it into the 2.0 version.

Done! It works, thank you!

Glad to hear! I’m hoping to switch everyone to the new 2.1 as soon as possible. It will be even betterer! :wink:

So to reopen this thread for a similar issue, I’m experiencing an almost identical issue but rather than a freeze I get an error message saying that it should be sent to the developers (see screen shot), none of the new files managed to have any form of presence in rekordbox (after the error message occurring), and to boot I am running the 2.1 beta at the moment.

My virgin voyage with the beta exporting the entire library to rekordbox worked just fine, but upon opening to update playlists about a month later I continually receive this error.

If you selected to send the crash log on the next launch, I can take a look to see if we see the log on our end.

Did send a crash log not sure how to confirm which was I sent particularly though. Additionally I did a reset of the application (via Alt+Starting App) and it all made it in fine, not sure if this is gonna have to be routine or what yet when I add to my library I’ll update.

If that’s ok with you I will punt on this until you can maybe reproduce it with the new 2.1beta or when 2.1 is officially out.

It sounds like a database corruption of some sort but it would be a waste of time to investigate this if the codebase its on is about to be replaced soon.

1 Like