Rekord Buddy and rekordbox 6 - 🚫 Do NOT upgrade for now 🚫

@jimmyjamesh I believe it is although 1) I haven’t tested it yet. 2) It sounds like the import bug of nut updating track metadata is still there since 5.6.1.

After the initial library conversion RB6 does from RB5 I have imported from rekordbox xml and tested a single small playlist. (I use traktor as my source collection)

That small playlist came across fine with new tracks all cue points etc.

I’m too scared to do right click import all playlists though as I have a 4000 track collection.

1 Like

OK so I was feeling brave (lockdown bored) and just did a full xml import on rekordbox 6 and all seems to work fine for me. (I did a collection backup first in case from RB6)

Will make maintaining rekordbox 5.8 and 6.0 easier moving forward as I am too tight to pay monthly for DVS and RMX FX that I had paid for in full on RB 5.

1 Like

Thanks for this, was wondering today why I was trying to drag the rekordbox xml file onto my collection and it wouldn’t let me do it! Uninstalled rekordbox 6 and 5.8 and installed 5.6 and it worked like a charm!:+1:

1 Like

Any comments Damien?

You are very quiet on this :grinning:

I don’t have much more to say at this time to be honest. If you want to continue exporting out of rekordbox then it’s better to stay in 5.8 for now.

As things evolve I’ll post here for sure and update everyone.

No need mate. Already sold my RX2 on eBay. Back to Traktor for me. Cannot tolerate Pioneer’s ways any more.

2 Likes

I love Traktor. That’s my go to setup both mobile and in the studio.

1 Like

For info, 5.0 downloads are still currently available on Pioneer’s website.

A post was split to a new topic: Apple Music app support

Rekordcloud and Mixmaster G have cracked the rekordbox 6 xml export, where is rekordbuddy on this?

Hello, I’ve just bought Rekord Buddy and I was already using Rekordbox 6, and made quite a lot of cue points already. I just installed Rekordbox 5 after reading this topic, but am looking for a way to import my R6 data to R5, any solution?

Not at this time but I hear they are working on something.

Hi all, good news. Pioneer added the XML export function again in Rekordbox 6.3.
https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/900002556443-rekordbox-ver-6-3-0-has-been-released-Nov-17-2020