Rekord Buddy 2.1beta (622) is available for download. If you have reported issues with previous betas, please make sure your problem still happens in this build and let me know in the appropriate thread (the one where you initially reported the issue).
Like the one before, the new beta is available for download here. You can just overwrite the previous build with this one.
Before you rush to get your hands on it, keep in mind the following:
- This is macOS only at the moment.
- It’s a very very early beta, things may not work at all. That’s the point of the beta, finding issues and problems.
- Don’t report problems that are in the known issues below.
- If you find a problem, post about it in this section of the forums (public beta), put the version number in the topic name and explain how you triggered the problem. One topic per issue please. If you have a similar issue as someone else, post in their thread and say ‘me too’!
- If you have an opened issue, please try this build and update your issue to let me know if it is still happening or not.
- I may not be able to fix your issue right away. Don’t be mad.
New in this release:
- Added read support for iTunes Collections.
- Buttons in sidebar are gone for now.
- Added a Preferences menu item.
Fixed since the last release:
- Fixed some track fields not getting copied correctly when drag and dropping tracks.
- Menu bar now only has the items we currently use.
- Help menu is populated with items that actually open the right things.
- Separators for artists, genres and musical keys are plugged in in the preferences.
- This only works with tracks located on your home drive right now.
- Preferences are NOT all working right now.
- Grouping, Record Label and mix name may not import correctly.
What you should focus on testing for this release:
- Drag and dropping tracks/playlist or folders between collections.
- Do the tracks/playlist or folders get copied correctly in the other collection.
- When you launch the other program after making changes, are the tracks/playlist or folders converted correctly in the destination app?
What I’m focusing on next:
- Importing/Exporting all the fields correctly.
- Connecting the rest of the Preferences.
- Support for tracks on external drives.