The day has finally arrived! The new beta is available for download here.
Before you rush to get your hands on it, keep in mind the following:
- This is macOS only at the moment.
- It’s a very very early beta, things may not work at all. That’s the point of the beta, finding issues and problems.
- If you find a problem, post about it in this section of the forums (public beta) and explain how you triggered the problem. One post per issue please. If you have a similar issue as someone else, post in their thread and say ‘me too’!
- I may not be able to fix your issue first. Don’t be mad.
- This only works with tracks located on your home drive right now. This will be fixed in the next beta.
- rekordbox collection doesn’t reload without restarting the app after drag and dropping a new XML file.
- Preferences are NOT connected to anything right now.
- Serato crates that contain both tracks and sub crates are not parsed correctly right now.
- The auto-updater for the app doesn’t work.
What you should focus on testing for this release:
- Drag and dropping tracks/playlist or folders between collections.
- Do the tracks/playlist or folders get copied correctly in the other collection.
- When you launch the other program after making changes, are the tracks/playlist or folders converted correctly in the destination app?
I made a little video to show you guys what it looks like. If you’ve not ready to try out the beta yourself. this will give you a taste of what’s to come in the final release: