OS X EL capitan

version 10.11.6 rekord buddy won’t install

Can you provide a little bit more info so I don’t have to use my crystal ball :slight_smile: ? What error do you get during installation?

"you can’t use this version of the application “record Buddy 2” with this version of OS X
you have OS X 10.11.6. this application requires OS X 10.12 or later

That is correct. Rekord Buddy 2.1 only supports macOS 10.12 or above.

If you are using 10.10 or 10.11 you can download a build of version 2.0 which will work on those older macOS versions but keep in mind that version 2.0 is no longer supported and hasn’t been for while now.

If you are able to, the best solution is to upgrade to a more recent version of macOS as those 10.10 and 10.11 and also no longer supported by Apple and can contain security issues.

the license I have won’t work with the older version…

Again, be more descriptive… What do you mean by ‘won’t work’? Do you get an error message? What does it say?

got it. everything is working now…Thanks for the help.

1 Like

I also have 10.12.6. If I download RB 2.1 then I got an error message “You need 10.13 or later version”, or something like this. But when I try to install the version you posted above, then I got this message - “You seem to be running version 10.12.6. Please download Rekord Buddy 2.1”. Can you help me please?

The free version will only work on macOS 10.13. There will be an update to the legacy build for 10.10-10.12 later on.