Thank you for all the info on your separate situations. I’ve just spent 4 days getting a dev machine back up and running in order to be able to compile the 2.0 codebase, then implement a fix to the auth issue, then test the fix with he new auth server. All these things take longer these days because I also have to spend some time home-schooling my kid so I don’t have all the time I normally have during the day.
Ok so, before I give you the link to the new build, let’s post some things one more time to clarify what the situation is:
- 2.0 is no longer supported. As I painfully realized doing this fix, old builds take a huge amount of effort to maintain and I don’t have enough bandwidth for this. But since the issue came from something I did to upgrade the servers, I decided to do the right thing and provide you guys with a fix anyway.
- The fix comes in the form of build 2.0.30 which will keep the same functionality as the last 2.0 build ever released (2.0.29) but it will only work on macOS 10.10 and 10.11.
- If you are running macOS 10.12 or above, you are expected to upgrade to the latest supported build of Rekord Buddy. You can find more info about downloading the latest build of Rekord Buddy in this entry in the manual.
- If you are stuck on macOS 10.10 or 10.11 because of some other software or hardware issues, then this fix is for you and will keep you going. This remains unsupported and I can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to provide any more updates after this one.
- Build 2.0.30 now contains the same analytics as the 2.1 build. This will send me anonymized data on your OS version and the version of Rekord Buddy that you use in order for me to see how many percent of my users are 2.0 users. The bigger this number, the more likely I am to continue to help you guys out if you have no other choice. This is why this build is only for 10.10 and 10.11 users. Others should upgrade to 2.1.
Now I’m not going to start another discussion on who likes 2.0.22, who likes 2.0.29 and who doesn’t like drag and drop. The goal is to provide all the functionality that you guys need under the new 2.1+ codebase. If you are able to use 2.1 but would prefer if the functionality was different, let’s start a separate topic and I can explain in a little bit more details where things are heading this year.
Just to be crystal clear, the solution will NOT be for me to re-issue a 2.0.22 build. It was buggy, caused issues and was making my life hard maintaining it. Everyone will do better if the most people possible upgrade to 2.1 and we work to make that work for the majority of people.
So, with you further ado, here is the new build. If you are running 10.10 or 10.11, try it out and let me know if it works for you.
If anyone is having issues with the new build, let me know what OS version you are using so I can try and repro. My dev machine was running 10.12 so I’d have to make a new one with an older OS maybe.