2.1beta (639) Empty collection

I just downloaded the last version:

Nothing happens , and when i click somewhere , anywhere, it crash.

i’m on Mojave 10.14

Interesting. I think you may have hit some protection I added to prevent crashes that people we’re seeing.

Can you try one thing for me, delete your Rekord Buddy folder and launch the app to see if that makes a difference.

what do you mean ?
delete Rekord buddy in Applications?
And relaunch it in the installer ?

Sorry I should have been more clear.

In your Music folder, delete the Rekord Buddy folder and launch the app again.

ok i just did it:
I put my licence key again… and same problem: empty & crash.

Ok, I don’t see this here (obviously), let me see if I can put together a build to try and diagnose the problem with your help.

sure, happy to help, give me instructions :slight_smile:

1 Like

v640 crash again , same same :confused:

Let me look at the crash. Does it happen after you get the empty collection or before you do anything?

Have a look here:

when i do “right click”…

I can repro the empty collection on a test machine here. Investigating.

1 Like

This is a really tough timing-related bug. Wasted two day on it but I think I’ve got it. Can you try (641) and let me know if that works for you?

Actually I think there is another issue with (641) on a couple of machines I’m testing it on. The app locks up on launch.

Back to investigating I go…

(642) is posted with what I think is the right fix. Can you install it (probably via the download link above if you’ve already upgraded to (641) and let me know?

yes, it’s working again ! good job :slight_smile:

other question: Smart playlist not available anymore ?

Smart playlists are on hold until a future release. This is so I can ship 2.1 quicker and have more bandwidth to work on a single version/codebase (I currently still juggle two with 2.0 and 2.1). Not ideal solution but it’s for the best.

This topic was automatically closed after 333 days. New replies are no longer allowed.